The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
You favorite Cinderella actress? 

Have you seen Cinderella 1957 (with Julie Andrews)?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 14

You favorite Cinderella actress? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post You favorite Cinderella actress?
Hi everyone,
I am a 'fresh face'. I was wondering....who is your favorite actress from Cinderella? I prefer Julie Andrews though I must confess I have yet to see the actual film!! :oops: I loved Brandy's version but I still prefer Julie, mostly because of her singing. I have not seen Lesley Ann Warren's yet. I know there are other "Cinderellas" too but I have not seen them either.

I have only recently become a fan so I decided to create a petition to CBS to remaster and publish "Julie's" version. I couldn't believe it when I found it was not ever published! I hope I can convince some of you to sign it!!! :)

Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

There are bootleg copies of the Julie Andrews broadcast out there and it is also in the collection of the Museum of Television and Radio, in New York and I believe Los Angeles. They recently located a complete kinescope recording of one of the dress rehearsals, as well, and I beleive there is/will be an exhibition of this and it will possibly be shown concurrently with the existing broadcast tape. I don't remember the full details from the article I read about it, but I'm almost positive they said an exhibition is going to come out of this discovery.

However, and this is what you're really waiting for, I *have* also heard that there are plans to finally release the broadcast on DVD!!! :D :D :D Hopefully these will follow through. I'll try and keep you updated if I can.

Although all three versions have different scripts and all three actresses have very different takes on the role, thus making it virtually impossible to really compare them, I'd say my favorite Cinderella is still Julie. :) Her version is really charming and I hope you get lucky enough to see it someday.

Last edited by Thomas P. on Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:58 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I never saw the julie andrews version either.....i didn't like the lesley ann warren one that much.....i enjoyed the brandy version alot!!!! so i would have to say that Brandy would be my favorite!!!

Bobby Child- Crazy For You
Willard-Footloose
Srgnt. of Police- Pirates of Penzance

Current Role:
A Chorus Line
42nd Street-andy lee

Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:20 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

JULIE ANDREWS ALL THE WAY!!! I am a hardcore fan, although I have never seen the viedo either :oops: :roll: . Someday though! :wink:

Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:09 pm
Profile YIM
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post re: You favorite Cinderella actress?
Thomas P. wrote:
However, and this is what you're really waiting for, I *have* also heard that there are plans to finally release the broadcast on DVD!!! :D :D :D Hopefully these will follow through. I'll try and keep you updated if I can.

For real??? :o Don't toy with me...I'm much too fragile! :lol: I can hardly believe they are doing this? Where did you hear this, may I ask? Please tell me more!!

Thomas P. wrote:

Although all three versions have different scripts and all three actresses have very different takes on the role, thus making it virtually impossible to really compare them, I'd say my favorite Cinderella is still Julie. :) Her version is really charming and I hope you get lucky enough to see it someday.

I hope so too Thomas P.!

Antoinette

Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
i liked the disney version (unlike *most* people) and i havent seen julie, but God knows i do wanna see her it in! i love julie andrews!

christa

Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:18 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

i liked the disney version (unlike *most* people) and i havent seen julie, but God knows i do wanna see her it in! i love julie andrews!

christa

I actually haven't seen the Disney version yet. I've seen almost every other Disney movie so it is almost incredible that I haven't seen it yet! :)
Christa, would you sign my petition then :?: ...seeing that you love Julie Andrews too!!! :D

Antoinette

Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I liked the Disney version, too, except that it was my older sister's favorite so we always had to watch that one when we wanted to watch a Disney movie . . . and that was before I saw the stage show -- I saw a version of a taped stage show, but I don't know who played Cinderella. (I saw that before I saw it actually performed. It totally turned me off from this musical. So cheesy.)

All-Star Musical Character >> Eponine

Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:17 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Favourite Cinderella
I do love Julie Andrews in the role. I love how crisp and British she sounds! I also love the most recent remake with Brandy - she certainly brings her own style and sound to the role - but I do find Whitney Housten a little jarring as the Fairy Godmother. I do not like Lesley Ann Warren as Cinderella at all. Not in the least little bit.

Later days
David

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Julie Andrews has such a smooth voice, it's hard to imagine anybody else as Cinderella. I've seen the remake with Brandy many many times, and even though she has a nice voice, I think that some notes were out of her range - the last note of Impossible, in particular. I still think she gives a good performance though. And I haven't heard Lesley Ann Warren.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:33 pm

Main Role: Performer
Julie then Leslie. brandy was awful as was the whole production except Bernadette and Victor.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:16 am
Profile WWW

AND...I own the DVD of the 1957 production. It is now available for purchase on sites like amazon.com, I'm sure...

:)

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next