The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
So I got Cinderella, now what? 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post So I got Cinderella, now what?
My question is for anyone who has either done this show or been this role :) Or knows alot about it too..

How elaborate are the costimes? I would hope they were pretty well done (this is community theatre) and is it actually written in the script for Cinderela to wear a crown at the ball? Is there a patent on the dress color (like when people do Beauty and the Beast, Belle cant wear the dress a certain color due to Disney's patent on it)? thanks!!!!

YAGMCB- Sally
R&H''s Cinderella- Cinderella
Footloose - Ariel
Wizard of Oz - Dorothy Gale
Grease - Marty
Dream Role:Christine Daae-Phantom

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:14 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

When I was in Cinderella last May, the costumes weren't TOO elaborate.... Cinderella wore a sky blue ball dress with a lot of frills and lace..... I don't think there is a patent... And good job on getting Cinderella!

December 2005- Tom Crachit in " A Christmas Carol"
April 2006- Tevye in "Fiddler on the Roof" :P

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:34 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

YAGMCB- Sally
R&H''s Cinderella- Cinderella
Footloose - Ariel
Wizard of Oz - Dorothy Gale
Grease - Marty
Dream Role:Christine Daae-Phantom

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:36 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I was in Cinderella last November. Our costumes were really, really cool. They sort of had a modern twist to them. You can check them out in thread I put up a while ago called: Cinderella Pictures, or something.

Congrats on getting Cinderella.

Bat Boy: The Musical (Bat Boy)
Beauty and the Beast (LeFou)
Godspell (Jesus)
Fiddler on the Roof (Motel Kamzoil)

Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Are you doing Fiddler in Tampa??

My friend is playing Tevye in that! He is fabulous, we just did a show together and he is amazing. I can't wait to go see it!

i want much more than this provincial life...

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
*Applauds* Great job! Wish our school realized that R&H >>>>> Disney when it comes to musicals. *Sighs and points to siggy* Still, that's really great that you were cast as Cinderella! Since the storyline is basically the same, I'll see if I can help. Our Cinderella she wore a poofy silver dress with a silver tiara. Crowns and tiaras are pretty normal, as far as I know. I don't think there's any patent, and between you and me, I would recommend trying to find a pale blue dress like the one Cinderella wears. I'm assuming little kids will come to see this play and they would probably identify more with a white/blue dress than silver (although our Cinderella was just as pretty). When it comes to elaborate, just don't overdo it. Too much frilly lace and ruffles can distract from your performance and/or affect your movement on stage.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post I am Cinderella...lol.
I play Cinderella at Disney World. My costume is really out-there! And it is sooo heavy! I have 3 different costumes though. One is for meet and greet times...and the other two are for parades...one for day and one for the night time spectacular...they both don't have the fluffy back from the but down...it's kind of funny looking when I stand up!
And I don't think there's a patent...or at least no one has told me about one. Of course Cinderella wears a white matching dress when she gets married! But I don't know if there's a patent
Congrats on your role...it's really fun getting to dress up...and the dancing is wonderful! Have fun!

Quote:
It's midnight!

~Cinderella~

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:35 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

lol that is amazing Cinders, when did you join Disney World? If it was in 2003 I remember getting an autograph lol :D :mrgreen: =D>

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Nope...sorry...wasn't me... :(
No...I started training in late 2004...but I couldn't really "work" until I turned 16 last Aug. So maybe if you come back sometime before I gradute you'll get to have my autograph...hehehe!

Quote:
It's midnight!

~Cinderella~

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post cinderella
i was cinderella in my school's performance, and the costumes were perfect! i had 2 different costumes, one was my servant costume (raggedy orange and brown dress) and my ball gown (white gown with golden sequins) another tip is to get to know your prince charming, because you'll have to kiss him!

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:41 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post Re: cinderella
alexxboyle wrote:
i was cinderella in my school's performance, and the costumes were perfect! i had 2 different costumes, one was my servant costume (raggedy orange and brown dress) and my ball gown (white gown with golden sequins) another tip is to get to know your prince charming, because you'll have to kiss him!

Tee hee... that last comment made me laugh. I'd say our Cinderella got to know Prince Charming too well, since they were dating only 3 days after the show ended :P

Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next