The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Audition Song Help! 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Audition Song Help!
Hey~
Even though auditions for my school musical for Cinderella aren't until January, I'm already preparing for a good song to sing. I'm a soprano and the main roles I'm looking at are Cinderella, the Queen and the Fairy Godmother. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for songs that would be good for each character or if you know what songs other people who played these roles have used to audition. I was possibly thinking of singing "Something There" or "Home" from Beauty and the Beast. Do you think this would be good? If you could let me know of any ideas that would be great!
Thanks so much! :)

Current Role: Wordspinner/Aunt Morning Star in Pocahontas

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:33 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Oh yeah sorry I forgot to say my voice type lol...I'm a soprano but I can sing anything that's mezzo also. But, I would prefer a song that doesn't require belting and that I can sing in more of a vibrato type voice. If anyone has any ideas let me know! :)

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:19 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Hi! I think you are very smart to prepare early.
I wouldn't sing "Something There", because I think it doesn't show enough technique and doesn't really have enough to it. However, I like the idea of singing "Home." Here are a few other suggestions:
"If I Loved You" from Carousel.
"Out of My Dreams" from Oklahoma!
"How Could I Ever Know" from The Secret Garden
and uh.... I can't think of anything else right now, but I will post again if I get any ideas!
God bless you!
Singer

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:11 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Actually I think those are good ideas for songs, and next time I go to the library I'll check those out. But, I want to get as many ideas as possible and then pick the best one because I want a song that will really show off my vocals to the best of my ability. My ultimate goal would be to get Cinderella, but if not I would love to be any other of the main six girl roles. I think I'm also starting to lean toward the Fairy Godmother because I heard its an amazing role to play. But, since auditions may be before Christmas break, I really need to know my song soon so I can give an awesome audition :wink:! So, if anyone else has any suggestions could you please let me know??

Thanks so much! :D

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:15 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

lol, if you really wanna show off some soprano skills, you could always go with Pippin's "Glory" sung in your range (i imagine singing it with a tenor male voice would sound awful weird with a female).

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:37 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post audition song...trying to help
if your going to do home or something there, do home......it can show off your beautiful singing voie as well as you soprano ability.GOOD LUCK w/ it!!!!!!

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]