A Chorus Line Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
nothing - content 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
Post nothing - content
I'm performing "Nothing" at an upcoming concert type thing called "cabaret night" and I was wondering if I can say "BS was absurd" and "Jesus Christ!" My school is extremely liberal (we just did Sweet Charity) and I would also be performing the Cell Block Tango which is also really racy. I personally feel that these words are a part of capturing the character and it's for highschoolers/parents...so the maturity level shouldn't be an issue. This is coming up in may (the 12th) so any thoughts as soon as possible would be appreciated. I am also looking for things to fell the cursing in with if it is deemed inappropriate...so any ideas would be great!

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

That's really a question better asked of the concert producers. I'm assuming this is a school concert, so ask the teacher in charge. I've worked at high schools that would replace both, and high schools who would not replace either. BS can be replaced by "nonsense". "Jesus Christ" can be omitted all together, or replaced with "no way!"

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:16 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Oklahoma!, Les Mis
Main Role: Performer
i sang nothing for a show where there would be small children and replaced the bullsh*t line with " except the feeling that the whole thing was absurd"

Recent: Ado Annie - Oklahoma!, Cecilia - Purple Rose of Cairo

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

We replaced BS with nonsense and JC with Oh my God.
Saying Bshit and just Shit seems to be a part of Dianna 's character, but you are performing in concert so replacement would seem more appropriate; your audience there may be more of a "G" rating than if you were performing the show.

Tue May 01, 2007 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]