The Resource For Musicals

A Chorus Line Forum

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
I SAW IT TODAY!!!!! 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post I SAW IT TODAY!!!!!
Today was the first time I have ever seen ACL-- and I swear, out of everything I've ever seen (which is a lot!), this was by far the best show. Tears were streaming down my face--I think I was crying during "I Hope I Get It" because my run in our high school musicals has ended (I'm graduating this year!) and I just was like oh my god, what if I'm never on stage again and oh my god, I know how that feels (to want a part!) I cried again at Paul's solo at the end of "I Hope I Get It" because it was just beautiful. I also cried during his soliloquy later on. And, of course, at the end. :-(
Everything was just breathtaking-- because I saw a matinee, a lot of swings/understudies were in. I had the u/s of Don, Diana, Connie, Zach, and Cassie. Don was...fine. He's a character I've never felt much of a connection to anyways, so I was fine with that. I was THRILLED that Diana's u/s was in-- I really am not a Natalie Cortez fan-- I watched a video of "Nothing" and cringed. The u/s (Michelle Aravena) was fantastic-- oh, I cried during "What I Did for Love" as well! Connie-- again, not a particularly favorite character of mine. I found the American-ess of the actress (Lyndy Franklin) took away from the Connie-charm. I also found it odd that she was singing a song about being short (4'10 changed to 5'2) when at least three actresses onstage were shorter than her-- Val, Bebe, and Diana. Cassie-- I'm not a HUGE Charlotte d'Amboise fan, but I've only seen tapes and I want to be able to say I've seen her live. Nadine Isenegger was fine, though. Zach-- I couldn't be happier about the u/s! I'm sure the regular Zach is fine, but Grant Turner is one of the sweetest people I have ever met! We talked to him by the stage door and he was just soooo nice, asking us how the show was, etc. LOVED HIM!
Ah, yes, the lovely people I met outside the door. I only wanted to stop a couple of people. Val was the first person out-- and I don't know if she's naturally reserved or if she was in a bad mood, but when I told her I loved her (Jessica Lee Goldwyn) and asked her to sign my Playbill, she didn't smile at all and just kinda signed it and hurried off. Chrissie Whitehead (Kristine), on the otherhand, was a complete SWEETHEART! She was absolutely adorable :-). As was Joey Dudding (Paul)-- so nice. I only wish I had taken my camera out to take a picture with him! Tony Yazbeck-- another lovely person to take a picture with. Heather Parcells-- basically my new favorite person in the world. Maybe if I find my USB cable I'll upload the picture of she and I-- she was just the sweetest person, asking my name and where I was from. And when I told her how amazing she was, she acted like no one had ever told her that before. Which was so sweet.
The strangest thing was, I LOOOOVED Michael Paternostro as Greg. I absolutely ADORED him and that character. However, after Paul's little bit and the dancers come back onstage, I noticed something...my beloved Greg was...shorter...and not as thin...and a different person. I was like...oh my god, what happened???? So I was outside the stage door, HOPING that he would come out, which he did. I was like "I was SO WORRIED about you!!" He said he "tweaked" his ankle and was afraid of spraining it. But he was sweet enough to take a picture with me before heading home, which was so nice :-).
Basically...this was the best day of my life. While I recognize this as long winded, I just had to share my magical experience. I've never stood outside a stage door and felt so welcomed. And I've never seen a show I've loved more.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:20 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Oh my gosh, I know.. Chryssie and Heather were SOO nice!! They were such sweethearts. I'm not sure about Jessica (Val) though because when I met her she was really nice too. Maybe she was just having an off day... Also, Natalie was really nice as well.

By the way...I wasn't a big fan of Zach or Cassie and it wasn't their understudies that were on. I though Heather (Judy), Chryssie (Kristine), Natalie (Diana), and the guy who played Greg were the best.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:05 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I'm glad you love it so much! I'm totally addicted to it too! I've seen it about 7 or 8 times now, and probably a few more before they close, which won't be soon, hopefully!

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

No, I don't think it will be closing any time soon ;) Or at least I hope not... It's funny, I was in the show and it closed a few weeks ago and it wasn't until recently how much I realized that I LOVED this show (and the part I played!!)! I played Val, by the way and it was by far the most fun I've ever had with a role. If you're ever by any chance given a choice to pick which character to play in ACL, choose Val because if the part is done right, she can steal the show.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:31 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

limited run revivals suck...

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:43 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

ugh gah, i didnt know it was THAT early, boo. Well, that's not good.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

OH MY GOD are you kidding me!? nooooo :[ do you know what date exactly it's closing? and why it's closing??

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:14 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

it's closing in march :-(
limited run revivals suck...
Really? What am I gonna' see when I go to New York this summer?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:21 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Fortunately, you guys have gotten some bad information. I just checked Telecharge and they are selling tickets though July. I, also, just visited with Heather Parcells less than two weeks ago at the show and certainly she would have mentioned it if the show was closing. I rode horses with Heather from when she was about 8 until she was 14, when boys became more important than horses to her! She REALLY IS an unbelieveable person!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:38 pm
That is great news, I was shocked when I saw it was ending in March. I was hoping it was going to travel to Washington D.C. or Philly which I hear will happen sometime in 2008 or 09. So I can see it then.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:59 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

"when she was about 8 until she was 14, when boys became more important than horses to her"

that's a direct quote from an interview she gave...

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next