The Resource For Musicals

A Chorus Line Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Costume as dancer or actor for 'NOTHING?' 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Costume as dancer or actor for 'NOTHING?'
Need help for costume for DIANA MORALES in 'Nothing' from A Chorus Line. I will be singing 'Nothing' as a number in a variety show in london and stuck on costume. We have been told to 1) either go for character or 2) wear comfortable but smart performing clothes.
I was all up for getting right into the character, (leg warmers, leotard, tights, general dance clothes) but now worried that the audience may wonder why a girl singing about acting is dressed as a dancer..... I have performed in and also seen A CHORUS LINE and therefore know its context but am worried that others who do not know the show will find it odd that I am dressed as a dancer? I would like to think most people would know that A CHORUS LINE is about dancers and know the whole picture.....but..... what if they dont?!
HELP! DO I go with the whole dancer thing or will it look sloppy on stage?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:09 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

A Chorus Line is pretty well known but I understand your predicament. I would say maybe wear comfortable clothing but maybe make it a bit more dance like than you would normally wear. You could wear like character shoes, tights, a skirt, leotard underneath a sweater. Something that shows your from a dance show but they won't be like "What? I don't get it?"

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]