A Chorus Line Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
dance! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
Post dance!
just saw the revival..adn it was amazing..i just have a questin about dance in general ..I'm posting it on this forum because it is sort of specific to the show

I am a good dancer..but not super trained/Ive just started taking classes frequently..but I'm worried that once school starts up I wont be able to..I still will probably take 3 classes a week (maybe 4)! but I was wondering if someone started late is it still possible for them to be in a show like "A Chorus Line" or other shows with a LOT of dancing as a dancer character..also I haven't tapped in a while but I'm really good at picking stuff up...especially tap/jazz (ballet is tougher for me to "pick up" as I am more of a "Broadway" type dancer with ballet for fundamentals)so I was wondering what is a good was to learn tap. but I've been focusing a lot on singing and shows lately for experience..si that bad..should I focus mroe on dancing..thanks..and by the way im in my mid teens..and I've had on and off training for years but havent seriously "danced" with a studio since I was 7.

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

It's possible, but not likely, unless you have a ton of natural talent or keep up your training at a high level. ACL is a tough show, demanding excellent dancing skills and strong vocal skills. Audtions are always very competitve for the female roles. I think you are best of focusing on training unless you want to just have fun doing shows (which is totally fine, because most people will never make a living doing theater).

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]