The Resource For Musicals

Chicago Forum

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chicago Australia 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I think you'll change your mind once you see O'Connor perform. She has the voice, the moves and the acting ability - she's fabulous.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:50 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I only just watched the movie a few months ago and instantly fell in love. The film was absolutely amazing, and one of the best interpretations of a stage-to-screen adaption I've seen - and I haven't even seen the play before! So, it's just a coincedence that I found out about Chicago touring Australia after I watched the movie. I'm definitely hoping to see it when it comes to Melbourne.

Anyone seen it in Brisbane yet? Any reviews from forum members?

I've been hunting YouTube for audio/video of opening night but there's nothing (yet). :lol:

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:57 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I only just watched the movie a few months ago and instantly fell in love. The film was absolutely amazing, and one of the best interpretations of a stage-to-screen adaption I've seen - and I haven't even seen the play before! So, it's just a coincedence that I found out about Chicago touring Australia after I watched the movie. I'm definitely hoping to see it when it comes to Melbourne.

Anyone seen it in Brisbane yet? Any reviews from forum members?

I've been hunting YouTube for audio/video of opening night but there's nothing (yet). :lol:

I saw it on the 27th. Was a great show, Gina, Sharon, Craig and Caroline all were great. I did a review for some friends on another site yesterday, which is quite short, as I don't remember alot after having a busy weekend but I'll post it soon if you like.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:47 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

That would be great - I would love to hear what their performances were like!

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:37 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
I'm seeing this in May. That is all I suppose :P.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I haven't bought tickets yet, but will do so. I'll be seeing it in Melbourne.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:01 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Velma: Caroline O'Connor
Roxie: Sharon Millerchip
Mama: Gina Riley
Billy: Craig McLachlan
Mary Sunshine: D.C Harlock

All That Jazz: Loved it! The dancing was awesome, we especially enjoyed the shirtless men, all of whom were gorgeous. I liked Caroline, but I thought she was a little old for the part, that may just be me though.

Funny Honey: Loved Sharon as Roxie, she was very cute. Timing of her singing was abit off in this song but it was still good. Not sure how it's done on Broadway but here she hung off a lader while singing it which I thought was awesome.

Cell Block Tango: I really liked the girl we had who played Hunyak she was quite good. Loved this song, especially the dancing. It felt kind of rushed though and didnt quite have the same emotion in it as the movie.

Tap Dance: Umm, so I'm going from the songs in the programme, I totally cannot remember this at all....... I really really can't.

All I Care About Is Love: Loved it, Craig was a great Billy.

A Little Bit of Good: So, we kinda already figured out it was a guy when we were looking at the programme before the show. Still, really like this song and he did a great job.

We Both Reached for the Gun: LOVED IT. Seriously, Craig and Sharon both did an amazing job of this song, and I especially again loved the dancing. Also the ensemble was quite amazing

Roxie: Again, loved it. Sharon did an amazing job of it, and I loved her Roxie in general.

I Can't Do It Alone: I really like Caroline in this song, she did a great job of it. I'm not sure if the dancing is meant to be funny, but the way she did it was hilarious.

My Own Best Friend: Loved it, so gorgeous, both of the girls have amazing voices.

Entr'acte: Great, however didn't like the way the theatre did things. They had beeping and said five minutes til the start of act two, and then literally five minutes later the show started back up and there was still people walking in front of the stage getting to their seats as the show started again.

I Know a Girl: I really liked this song, well done by Caroline.

Me And My Baby: Great song, I didn't know anything other than the movie, and I walked out singing this, again loved the dancing.

When Velma Takes the Stand: Amazing work by the ensemble and Caroline. Also loved the exit.

Razzle Dazzle: Loved it, the glitter was awesome, wasn't expecting it at all. Craig did a great job.

Class: Ahhh, loved it, Gina and Caroline together are awesome.

Nowadays: The beginning of this was heartbreaking, Sharon did a great job.

Hot Honey Rag: Loved it.

Finale: Awesome

Annd, that was quite short and probably really repetitive. Haha.

But yeah, I loved that the band is actually on stage and is included in the show kind of. Also loved that when they weren't on stage you could see the emsemble peeps sitting to the side of where the orchestra was. And yeah, Gina, Sharon and Craig were all great and Caroline was okay.

Umm, and I forgot completely about this, though I was going from the programme, wth?

Mr Cellophan: LOVED IT, Damien the guy who played Amos was adorable, there was actual audible awwwing in the audience about him. :D

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:58 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
It sounds great! I'm very excited :D

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

The run of this show in Melbourne is waaaay too short!!!

Currently: Waiting for show season, :)
Past Roles: Sarah Brown - Guys and Dolls, Silly Girl - Beauty and the Beast, Patty - Grease, Zsa Zsa - Bats, Jenny - Class of 77

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:19 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

The run of this show in Melbourne is waaaay too short!!!

How long is it in Melbourne?

JUST A LITTLE BIT, JUST A LITTLE BIT

R-E-S-P-E-C-T project

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal

It was really good, is this production similar to the revival?

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:19 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

^ It's a production of the 1996 revival...

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next