The Resource For Musicals

Chicago Forum

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
2008 CHICAGO THE MUSICAL 4TH NATIONAL TOUR CAST REVEALED! 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

RuthieRocks wrote:
ConverseSneaker wrote:
I'm going to give you a name to watch out for: Melanie Waldron.

She's playing Velma in the national cast right now...and is absolutely amazing. She's got the vocals, the dancing, and she can even pull off the look with strawberry blonde hair instead of the movie style dark short bob.

Well the Melanie Waldron I saw in LaCrosse was a HUGE letdown...decent vocals but her dancing was so lazy I half expected her to use a La-Z-Boy for her Cell Block Tango chair. Granted, maybe I caught her on an off night but she wasn't great. Same for pretty much the entire cast...I just think it's a case of them being WAY too young to pull off these roles.

I hear both Melanie and the gal playing Roxie will be playing Cell Block girls in the new tour and u/s the lead roles they have been playing on tour. Melanie should steal some stuff from Terra...she's got the part down pat.

Well, granted I'm no dancer and it was my first time seeing Hotel Chicago, but I was still very impressed with her. Roxie was being played by this terrible understudy...she was so bad I couldn't even remember her name, but I think she was Hungarian normally.

Another unbelievable musical.
I was thrilled to have seen it.
=D>

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4