The Resource For Musicals

Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Cats 1985 Australian Cast Album Cast 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Cats 1985 Australian Cast Album Cast
Hello all.

I'm attempting to fill in the missing "artist" information for the 1985 Australian cast recording of Cats on my iTunes. There is a cast list provided in the booklet but it doesn't include information on which character sings each song like the London and Broadway cast recordings do. I've been able to fill in the obvious singers with their respective tracks, but there are two tracks that I'm unsure of as the character who sings the song varies from production to production. Does anyone know who sings on track 13 for the first disc and who sings "Memory" with Deborah Byrne?

For example, the London cast album lists Jemima as singing "Memory" with Elaine Paige and the Broadway cast album credits Victoria and other productions have Sillabub sing it. The Australian cast lists Sillabub as the usual replacement for Jemima but am I correct in assuming that the actress who played Sillabub sings "Memory" with Grizabella or is it Victoria like on the Broadway cast album?

I also don't know who to credit for the second "Grizabella" song at the end of the first act -- track 13 on the first disc. I'm assuming it's Jellylorum and Sillabub, but I don't know. Can anyone provide any information on the evolution of the show and how different songs had been reassigned by 1985? Is there anyway to know for sure who is singing on each track?

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Cats 1985 Australian Cast Album Cast
Sillabub sings Memory, Jellylorum and Sillabub sing the lines before Act 1 Memory, same as in the film.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]