Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Palos Verdes CATS cast 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Palos Verdes CATS cast
Cptn. Wazoo wrote:
Cool! Where are you sitting?

Haven't gotten tickets yet, but whatever's still available for Sat. night.

Found this this morning:
http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/BWW-Review-Legendary-Broadway-Musical-CATS-Enchants-Audiences-at-the-Norris-Theatre-20150504

Unless the article is more publicity than critique, sounds like Ms. D'Acciaro may have upped her game in the 2nd week.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:28 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
I was wondering if maybe she'd evolve over time. That tends to happen with a lot of performers; Elphabas in Wicked, for example tend to get better over time. I'm also wondering if this cast has slowed down at all since we last saw them. I couldn't believe the level of energy on stage. It'll be fun to see again!

You may want to buy your seats sooner than later; I heard the second week sold out.

Mon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: CATS the Musical!
Main Role: Costume Designer
Leaving today to see the show tomorrow. Cant wait to see this cast and how well they are performing. Even though about getting a ticket for Friday but I'm still not sure. They have probably sold out by now. Well, Sat's show should be awesome anyway. Glad to see Capt Wazoo and Rumblepurr this weekend. Should have a great time.

Purrs,
VTWC

Fri May 08, 2015 9:13 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

No comments on the final weekend shows?

I made it for the Sat night show, and had great seats - center(ish) front row balcony. Felt like I was right on stage.

A couple of production/technical glitches -- house lights coming on at the start of Memory; what was up with that? -- and the cast seemed to get out of sync during the Song of the Jellicles; but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't want the Ball to end.

I really do hope the Lewis Family Playhouse does the show next year.

Mon May 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
I'm waiting on a picture or two to complete my website review. Later this afternoon possibly.

On the house lights? Only the House Manager and the Lighting Tech on the board knows why that happened. I am more curious on why someone did not catch it almost immediately. Fortunately, the cast kept going as though a streetlight came on...

Rumblepurr
The "Old" Writer Cat.

Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Cute.

Tue May 12, 2015 12:59 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
We were all in rows B and C.

Lol yeah, the lights coming on was a little awkward. Speaking of lights, did it seem like they added more lighting since the first week? I didn't remember so many colorful lights during the Ball. Anyway, I really enjoyed both Saturday performances. I'll admit, I realized that I was tired before the second show, and wasn't sure if I felt up to sitting through it again. But I was sucked right back into the magic of it all. Seeing this production really reaffirmed my love for this show. I absolutely adored this cast. Watching them made me realize, you just don't get this level of enthusiasm and energy with a tour cast, or maybe even on Broadway/West End. It was so clear that every single person in this cast was passionate about being there. Everyone was having fun and putting in 150%. I'm really going to miss these guys! I'm also going to miss VTWC's costumes.

According to the Roger's and Hammerstein's website, the Lewis Theater already has the rights, so I'm 99% sure they're doing it. But I noticed it's only for 2 weeks! So buy your tickets ASAP when they're available.

Tue May 12, 2015 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3