Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
VTWC cruises Oasis of the Seas 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: CATS the Musical!
Main Role: Costume Designer
Post VTWC cruises Oasis of the Seas
So I'm thinking of actually going on the Oasis of the Seas cruise! Thinking about an April cruise this year to the Western Caribbean. It would be a 7 day cruise and I would be going alone. The reason is that the CATS production is an officially sanctioned one, is full length with no abbreviations and totally worth the vacation package.

This would be the first time I've seen the show in it's UK incarnation in terms of costumes and such. I am devoted to my Broadway and Troika costumes but it would still be awesome to see CATS at sea! Either way it sounds fabulous.

What they also do is they take reservations as you book your cruise which means that there is no assigned seatings. So this means that you show up, they scan your SeaPass which tells them you have booked the show, and its first come-first served in terms of seating. So if you arrive early enough you have free rein in the showroom to sit wherever you want. Also, the shows are FREE! So CATS runs basically for 4 shows, 2 early on in the cruise, then they have a Weds matinee and night showtime. So the show runs for about 4-5 shows then at the end of the cruise it turns over into the other headliner show. Just being able to see the show 4 times in a row and for only the cost of the cruise plus all the other vacation perks is just too tempting to pass up!

I love that its an official production and not some knock-off type regional. I can't wait to see how my vacation plans turn out. Really, really looking forward to trying to go on this cruise and see how the show is!

Sillabub, not Jemima. All the cats are going by American version names.

Purrs,
VTWC

Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
Post Re: VTWC cruises Oasis of the Seas
I thought we're seeing the show in Palos Verdes in April? I think that would be too much Cats for me in one month! Wish I could go, but I'm broke and in school.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:37 pm

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
Post Re: VTWC cruises Oasis of the Seas
Having been on Holland America ships and witnessing some of their productions, I hope you enjoy the experience. Sandy would suggest the veranda (outside room with a patio) but that costs a bit more. I am not sure how they rate singles...

I also hope they schedule the shows during calm waters or while in port. Dancing when the ship is moving and rolling a bit is a challenge.

Finally, I hope your cruise does not bump Palos Verdes.

Regardless, enjoy life as it comes to you.
Rumblepurr
The "Old" Writer Cat.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]