The Resource For Musicals

Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
UK Tour? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post UK Tour?
Hello everyone! When I was little I went to see Cats a few times at the New London theatre and all I wanted to do was work backstage on theatre productions.. and have just got onto a course in Production Arts which is exactly that, so I'm super happy at the moment... Funnily enough, the theatre its based in is called the Jellicoe Theatre... Sound familiar? ;)

However it has reminded me how much I miss Cats. I think about it quite a lot and get super sad whenever I do... I was lucky enough to go to the previous tours here in the UK and wondered if anybody here could tell me the odds of them doing another one? I'd love to see it again.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:18 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Main Role: Other...
Post Re: UK Tour?
as far as i know, they aren't planning a uk tour at the moment
there are plans about bringing the show back to london........ but whether this will even come true is another question
theres a thread about these plans here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=82559

the nearest tour production they are currently doing is the european tour which is touring through austria and germany until 2013...;o)

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I didn't know that! That would be great if they did... I was so sad when they closed it in London and none of the tours have been quite as good as the original (of course).

I knew about the tour in Germany but I have no passport at the moment :-( Would love to go and see it there.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:12 am

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
The UK Tour was good when I was privileged to see it in 2003, but the cast had a good selection of New London members then. Having repeat performers, whether in the same role or a different one, seems to improve the show. With the tours, the performers have to renew their contracts and make the show again. The more repeat performers - the better the show? This also includes returnees from previous shows.

Just my observation...
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

The earlier tours were better, I agree... I didn't know they had performers from the original production in it.

The reason I didn't like the tours so much is because I found that the latest tour was less... serious? If that makes sense. Not sure if its the right wording. I hope if they do another tour they'll make it more like the earlier tours or the original. The latest one was sort of more... comedic at parts which I suppose is good for children or people who didn't get to see it in London and therefore couldnt compare it... but I went away a little annoyed having seen it in London first. I suppose I'll always prefer the original production for many reasons, the biggest one being that the auditorium was made specifically for Cats, though I thought they did a brilliant job with the set seeing as they had to work with an extremely different auditorium to New London Theatre.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]