The Resource For Musicals

Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Open letter to Troika LLC 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

My gripe comes from when they came to Gammage last spring. Gammage is HUGE, and this was the first time they've ever played there where Misto did NOT do the ceiling entrance. It was a huge disappointment for me. Also, the hard set is standard there as the stage is so large, but last time around they used a combination of the bouncy set and the hard set that looked a bit odd from the fifth row. :?

The only thing I could think of was that ASU had scheduled a big name conference in Gammage the night before and the Troika crew didn't have time to do things properly. It was a real disappointment. Hopefully next time they come through Gammage they'll have the hard set and do the proper Misto entrance.

Oh yeah, tell them to restore the cut bits they knocked out for the sole purpose of shortening the show. That wasn't cool. The fans miss the little bits, like the extra chorus in the Invitation, the other half of Mungo and Rumple, the extra few bars in Growltiger, etc...

Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Ahh, yeah, with that conference that probably really hit them on their time and what they had to do to get the space ready. The PSM of the space might not of had the proper power to do a total strip of everything that needed to happen so they could get in there and do what needed, possibly setting them back a few hours (or their trucks weren't able to get into the space to unload soon enough... A lot of the time the trucks get there ahead of time... Usually one truck is there the night before if possible.)

Hahaha, if I had the power to tell them to add in cut back stuff, I would, but I don't have that power. I could just complain to one carp who works the tire and see what he says... hahaha. I have heard stories about what they have done to Grizabella in the past while she waits for the show to end so she can come back down and it's funny... Ah touring shows...

101 Superstar CATS
Starring Ted Neeley

This is a wonderful show that will bring in the families (101), the religious/Ted Neeley fans (Superstar) and PETA (CATS)

Coming soon to a theatre near you!

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

while I'm saddened to see things cut, I think it was cool they FINALLY figured out a way to do "Green Eyes" in theaters that have stairs next to the seasts

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: CATS the Musical!
Main Role: Costume Designer

When I saw Moonlight they had it all back in, except for Pekes and Pollicles. I actually did a double take when Mungo and Rumple started singing the "Lost Verses!"

Purrs,
VTWC

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I know its been so long, and I am sorry. I have been looking around, just without logging in. Anyway, I would like to see the picture of the smoking Demeter, only because I've noticed that the Plato picture has been"photoshopped" if you will. How dare that mean person do that to an innocent performer. No CATS star in the right mind would smoke and drink vodka everyday before a show. For shame....... :cry:
Also, I have been communicating with Troika as well about the Bouncy Set and the late tour dates that were promised to the fans, and Have gotten a reply back from the lovely Courtney Davis asking for forgiveness. Troika has yet to confirm shows with about 3 theatres and cities and the iteneraries will be up ASAP. I have yet to get a response about the set this year andhave been waiting over a week. Sorry again and hope you will comment.
Your Obedient Servant,
MungoShanks

~Thank You for everything

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Are you talking about which set they are bringing with them on tour MungoShanks? If so, they are bringing both from my understanding. They will be teching at Bezemes on both the semi hard and the bouncy and taking them both, this was told to me by one of the Carps with CATS. He's a cool guy.

I just feel sorry for Troika because they will once again have to deal with a picket line in St. Charles sometime during their tech by the st. louis/st. charles union. They did with when they brought Movin' Out through. At least they know now that having an ex roadie as the PSM for the building and competent theatre majors can result in a rehearsal with the actors getting done without them being there and only need to be on the phone. the the ex roadie toured with the same show for 5/6 months do he knows it like the back of his hand...

101 Superstar CATS
Starring Ted Neeley

This is a wonderful show that will bring in the families (101), the religious/Ted Neeley fans (Superstar) and PETA (CATS)

Coming soon to a theatre near you!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5