The Resource For Musicals

Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 74  Next
Fan Works Thread 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Other...
I drew this earlier on this afternoon to help explain what a costume variation I'd seen looked like. And I thought I might as well post it. Hopefuly you can still see the image well enough with the text. Sorry if I seem a little paranoid but I've had people try to steal work before.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Is it sad that I consider it a bad thing that nobody has tried to claim my work as their own before?

You have a very nice style there. I like your choice and use of colours.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:48 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Other...
Thanks :) Now that I look back at it his head looks a little big. :lol:

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post I haz a gumbiiiee cats in miiiind
little belated birthday gift for the awesome Barbara King.
We'll be seeing the show (Cats Köln) tomorrow and I'll be giving this to her, either before or after the show, we havent agreed that yet.
Its a mobilephone pendant, of her role Gumbie. I hope she'll like it
I would have taken one of her many other roles she has played in like... what, the past twenty years?, but Gumbie 's for is perfect for the mobile, not fragile and snag-proof. Though I am considering myself a Munkustrap. Someday.

I'm sorry for the nonclear pictures. I've never been good at focus anyhow ;) (passionate scribbler in school lessons)

edit: the materials here are polymer (Super sculpey and fimo) with acrylic paint and clear glaze. Its a mobile-phone charm

Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

She's really cute!!! Would you consider a Teazer or Mungo one?? :mrgreen:

PS: If I'm not wrong you live in Europe, so I guess shipping wouldn't be too expensive... (specially since there's no sea in between... :lol: )

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:58 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I will have to test first if it works at all or how I can edit them to be not that fragile (gumbie works cause of her volume). If it works I'll let you know, but it wont be before April, my commission books are currently clogged.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Thank you so much for the compliment. I really appreciate it. I'm a professional writer (finally has some poetry published) and am writing constantly to improve my craft. I love getting any kind of feedback because good or bad, it makes me think about how I can potentially improve whichever piece recieved the feedback.

Also, anyone interested in sending me fan art, please send it to my email address.

Then try to love the things you took

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Every so often I get the bizarre urge to "outdo" someone, normally myself. So here is my latest "outdone" in a long line of outdones. I would like to pont out that nothing is showing, and that even despite the pose the picture itself isn't what I'd call risque. Of course, I've been told that I appear incapable of drawing a jellicle that isn't sexy, so you can take that how you will.

As always, hand drawn, hand coloured. No digital elements whatsoever which means absolutely no erasing lines of pen or colour. No ability to redo. No ability to save or work in layers.

With that in mind, I'm quite proud of it.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
Post Nice...
Very interesting composition on this Bomba - The anthropomorphic qualities seem to gradate from the top down, but very good overall. Bravo!

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Heh, you mean she doesn't have ears and her face isn't covered in lines. ^_^

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:56 pm

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
Post Actually...
Flitterbug wrote:
Heh, you mean she doesn't have ears and her face isn't covered in lines. ^_^

Somewhat... Starting at the top of the drawing, she appears mostly human - almost as if an actress was in a Bomba costume. By the time you get to the 'tail' and feet, you have crossed the line into Jellicle and "cat". I have noticed that Michaela's pictures does a little of the same. The characters have arm warmers and gloves, but the tail is definitely alive, and not just a tail tied to a belt... By adding some of the facial "makeup" to the picture, you would give her a bit more detail. The trouble with 'adding' to what you have is that go too far, and you might ruin the good thing you have... your call on that.

The only negative point I can see in this drawing is the proportions of her right versus her left side. The limbs close into the body (left) appear shorter than the extended limbs (right). However, you have to study her to see that. Otherwise, the pose seems to be a prospective one. The only obvious thing I noted was that her left foot seemed unfinished.

Even with the above, I still like the drawing because of the pose and the character portrayal. This picture is definitely a pose that Bombalurina would adopt...

Respectfully,
Rumblepurr 8)
The Writer Cat.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Flitterbug, that's not sexually explicit at all and I would be very angry with any kind of puritans who would say that. It's not sexually offensive at all, like Rumblepurr said, it's just what Bomba would do. To me, this is a mature picture specially because of the pose. I don't know about proportions...because I haven't studied that and it is the thing where I have more problems when drawing. Its a beautiful picture.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 74  Next