The Resource For Musicals

Bye Bye Birdie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Part for me??? 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Part for me???
So a local (small) college is doing Bye, Bye, Birdie this year, and since I have performed with them the past two years and had great experiences, I'm probably going to want to do this one too. The past two shows were Guys & Dolls and How to Succeed, and because of my age (15 during G&D, 16 during H2$) I was never really condsidered for a lead, even though I had strong auditions. For Bye, Bye, Birdie I will be 17, and I feel that I may actually have a shot at a decent-sized role this time, but I really don't know what part would suit me best.

I will be 17, brunette, and 5'7. I have a wide vocal range, and while I can sing legit soprano stuff, I truly love mezzo/alto singing the best. Past roles that I have played- Adelaide in Guys & Dolls (at my school), Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, a Bird Girl in Seussical Jr., and I am currently playing Rapunzel in Into the Woods. I have a strong dance background, and can do pretty much all styles. Because of my age, I would typically audition for Kim, since she is supposed to be in high school, but one of my friends told me that I would make a good Rosie??? I really have no idea, so any opinions would definitely help! :)

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

you're very lucky because it sounds like you could audition for either kim or rosie!

since you can belt and you have a dance background, i would say go for the gold and audition for rosie. i played rosie recently, and as a dancer, lovedddd the role because there are a lot of dance opportunities in the show. kim doesn't dance (by herself or anything), and is a smaller role, but also certainly a fun part.

good luck!! its a great show

Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:37 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Rosie is the female lead and, in my opinion, the best role in the show. And with your dance background you'll rock the spanish rose scene!

Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]