The Resource For Musicals

Bye Bye Birdie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Adult Ensemble 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Adult Ensemble
What songs are the adults involved in? I just got cast into my school's production and I want to know what songs the adults sing in. Thanks!

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:00 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I was in the adult chorus in my high school's production of Bye Bye Birdie. At least in our prodution, the adult chorus was in the following numbers:

A Healthy, Normal American Boy
Honestly Sincere (dance only)
One Last Kiss
A Lot of Livin' to Do (singing from the wings--this is was a change our production made; normally it's just teen chorus)
Shriners' Ballet (men only; from your handle, I get the impression you're a girl, so this probably won't apply to you)
Kids (reprise)

Also, if your production keeps the Hundred Ways Ballet (and most don't), it's possible you might be in that. Our production didn't take it, so I'm not sure who's in it besides Rosie and Albert.

Hope this helps.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Thanks. It does. I did really good at my audition. A girl who auditioned walked up to my sister and told me that I did a really good job. I was like "Awwh."

I sang "Freddy, My Love" from Grease for my audition.

Anyway, I think it's because I look older, that I got cast as an adult.

But yeah, that helps. I haven't gotten my music book yet so I don't know exactly what's going down.

About the shriner ballet, we only have three guys so far that are doing the number because only a few guys auditioned. I might end up being a boy for that one. I'm fine with that, though. One guy is playing seven ensemble roles because of this. Also, we have to have other auditions to find Randal MacAfee, that's how bad it is. Also, I don't know if the director has casted Mr. Johnson yet either. Anyway, thanks for the help, dear. ;D

Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:18 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Last edited by kemeisleahcim on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Yeah, and I don't know who is going to play the teenage boys. There are only TWO. that are in the teen chorus. It's kind of sad. The theatre department is exploding, but with females. I just hope it all goes well with such few guys.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

In my production, the Adult Ensemble (which included me) was in:

-Healthy Normal American Boy (I was a Reporter, and it was my favorite song in the show, even if the last note killed me).
-Honestly Sincere (all the Adults got to their own 'freestyle' dance at the end).
-Hymn For A Sunday Evening (it was almost 'Bat Boy'-esque, in a way; we were figments of Mr. MacAfee's imagination. Odd, but it worked).
-One Last Kiss (I was the Stage Manager for the Sullivan show, and I got to do a combination belly flop/army crawl when I realized the cameras were on me. Hard to do without hurting myself, but I wore kneepads and it worked out fine).
-Kids Reprise (I was Mr. Johnson)

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]