The Resource For Musicals

Brigadoon Forum

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
5 days 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post 5 days

Last edited by Luc on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:03 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

You don't know if she actually means what she said. It sounds like she's a little disappointed and maybe frustrated herself. I definitely wouldn't reccomend telling fellow castmates what you heard her say, though you might want to talk to her about it.

Sucky as your days was, I must say it was nice to finally have a new post in here, it's so quiet!

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Ooh, that is kind of a bummer. I'm sorry that you had to hear that. But there could be various explanations for it that are unrelated to you or the rest of the cast... She might have been having a bad day, or just generally not feeling well (if you guys rehearse a lot, she might be low on sleep, short on time, etc). Or it could definitely just be that she's feeling the stress of opening night being so soon, and she's worried that it's not as good as it could be, you know? Or it could even be that she's just one of those people who is difficult to please; as you said, she may be the only one who feels that way.

But you still have five days (which is a long enough time to fix a lot of things!) and I'm sure she hasn't completely lost her faith in you. So don't worry about it... You'll be great! :D Hope you feel better, and of course break a leg.

:mrgreen:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

But (I'm not really complaining this time) there is only one rehearsal left before the show (stupid, I know. Welcome to Jr. High - again) so there isn't any time to make it "better" because that rehearsal is our tech. We only have one. But I think that one we have an audience, it'll all pull together. It always does. But you know it was just really disheartening to hear that from THE DIRECTOR. But anyways, she seemed happier today.

And again, you guys rock!

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:55 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Break a bunch of legs on the performance! Working backstage a production of Brigadoon was the most fun I've had in theatre.

How's the show looking? How are you guys doing the wedding kiss? and the Reprises? I know we were talking about this earlier, but I don't remmeber if you said what's actually happening.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Aww thanks guys. You guys rock!

But (I'm not really complaining this time) there is only one rehearsal left before the show (stupid, I know. Welcome to Jr. High - again) so there isn't any time to make it "better" because that rehearsal is our tech. We only have one. But I think that one we have an audience, it'll all pull together. It always does. But you know it was just really disheartening to hear that from THE DIRECTOR. But anyways, she seemed happier today.

And again, you guys rock!

Ah. I see. Well then, bollocks to your director... I still think you're going to be fab! :D

:mrgreen:

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

Directors have their off days, too.

Break a bunch of legs on the performance! Working backstage a production of Brigadoon was the most fun I've had in theatre.

How's the show looking? How are you guys doing the wedding kiss? and the Reprises? I know we were talking about this earlier, but I don't remmeber if you said what's actually happening.

It's going pretty good. Especially the wedding DANCE! It's fantabulous! It's definately gonna be THEE best part of the show.

Anyways, the kiss was cut, now it's just a dumb hug. I know it's only Jr High, but tight lips and half a second never hurt anyone. Oh well. And as for the Reprises, nothing fancy. We're just having a spotlight on the bridge where Fiona & Charlie shall stand. But - hey- it works!

Phew, all done!

musikal_geek

Last edited by Luc on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

It's been more than five days....waiting for an update here. How'd it go? Did everything work out okay? Anything really funny happen?

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:24 am
Profile WWW

Well - believe it or not - the show was better than I expected. WAY better than I expected! It was terrific! Standing ovation, screaming audience. Great night.

Nothing really went wrong, I don't think....hmmm......nope, don't think so. But I really did like what we did with the scene right before Come to Me, just after Jeannie's Packing Up. When Charlie is supposed to see something skimpy and say "I can hardly wait for the wedding," instead of holding up something skimpy we had this jumbo pair of panties...hilarious! The audience actually applauded! Haha it was awesome!

Yeah, if I think of anything that went wrong, I'll post it under "bloopers."

Thanks again for all of your support!

musikal_geek :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]