The Resource For Musicals

Brigadoon Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Charlie 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Charlie
hey i'm 13 and just got cast in my jr high production of BRIGADOON as charlie. i was goin through the script and realized that besides the reprises, i'm not in act 2 at all as charlie. :? did the directors just cut my part down in size or is it always like this?

Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:12 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Charlie not in act two? That doesn't seem right at all. I'm trying to remember what scenes are in each of the acts (I should know this, having just gotten home from opening night), but bear with me here. Act two has the chase, then the continuation of the wedding, and then the funeral, correct? Charlie is definitely in these scenes. I don't know how/why they would be cut out. He's also in Tommy's memories (I don't even bother wondering why Tommy sees Charlie in his mind).
Then again, I suppose both of Meg's songs would be cut/changed drastically, for a Jr high production (given that they were "too risqué" for the theatrical release) which may mess with the order and such.
It just doesn't make sense that Charlie could be cut from the second act,

Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:25 am
Profile WWW

i dont think charlie has anything to do in act two because the real purpose of his role is that harry dies. that's the only thing that he adds to the show (besides the freaky bonnie-jean ballet :lol:) but besides tommy's memories (which is what i meant by "the reprises") he doesnt have anything to say or do. he's in the chorus, but he has nothing else....in our version, anyways.
and just to let you know he appears in tommy's memories because jane says "lets go home" or something like that and it makes him think of "go home with bonnie-jean".

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:07 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I did know that's why Tommy sees Charlie, but our crew has made it a bit of a joke that Tommy's thinking about Charlie the same way he's thinking about Fiona.

Do they plan to do the wedding reception without the groom? That's kinda odd. And Charlie does have some solo lines in The Chase (Harry Beaton dies at the beginning of act two), so he should be there.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:29 am
Profile WWW

kay, well i'm sorry about all this. i must have skimmed through it or something cuz i didnt realize that the reception was in act two. SORRY! :oops:

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:55 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes around here. I've definitely made my fair share.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]