The Resource For Musicals

Dreamgirls Forum

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
DREAMGIRLS 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I found out that Beyonce is pissed off because Jennifer Hudson is better than her. I downloaded "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going", Jennifer Hudson's song and it is excellent. I cannot wait to see this film. A big group of my theatre and choir friends are going. YEAH!

http://www.beyonce-photos.com/News/beyo ... -a243.html

Read this. Just out of curiousity, who did you "find out" from? And who's to say who is better than who? It's all a matter of opinion. Jennifer Hudson is getting rave reviews, I mean, the character of Effie, and the song "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" are making her a star. I "heard" the same thing about Beyonce, from a friend who was like, "I read it in Star Magazine." Come on people, do we really listen to what Star tells us? It's tabloids!!!! That's why I went looking to see if I could find anything about it and came across this article.

And holy crap, why should she care? It's Beyonce!!!! People love her, she is already a star. And there are other stars in this world, and I think Jennifer Hudson will be one as well. They can share the screen. There can be more than one star!

And holy crap, why do I care? I just want to see the movie! I agree with you, I heard Jennifer Hudson sing it on the soundtrack and I'm hooked. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:30 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

i heard a rumor that Jennifer Holiday is mad that they over looked her to play Effie in the movie. Is this ture? Is she serious?

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

As it is with most rumours, its probably not true.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:45 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
The only reason i want to see the film is John Lithgow's cameo and the song they wrote for him. I'm not a Dreamgirls fan.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I'm very excited about this movie. I love the music and i can't wait to see it.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:48 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

i heard a rumor that Jennifer Holiday is mad that they over looked her to play Effie in the movie. Is this ture? Is she serious?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... ertainment

Read this. :-)

From what I understand of this article, she's not mad that they didn't ask her to play Effie. I mean, she's too old for the role. It's more the fact that she was the original Effie, and she feels that she is not getting any acknowledgment for that. She wasn't invited to the movie premiere, and she says that the movie makers have essentially shunned her. This was the show that made Jennifer Holliday a star, and I think she wanted a little more recognition. Read the article though, it's a good read, and it explains it a lot better than I can!

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:35 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Although, Frenchie Davis seemed a little bitter about not getting the part, according to the way she talked about it here... http://www.broadway.com/gen/general.aspx?ci=541884

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:34 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I can honestly say I had never heard of this musical before the movie. I just found out it was a musical when I came to this site and saw they had a forum for it. But now I want to see it since everyone keeps saying how much they like it! Unfortunately I won't be able to go on Christmas day because I'll be getting popcorn for the people who are watching it (never work at a movie theatre, it sucks!).

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:48 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Currently listening to the soundtrack. Yeah, Jennifer scorches big time on "And I'm Telling You". Didn't she sing that on Idol?

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:45 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I have a feeling everyone is going to be like "OMG Dreamgirls!" and singing all the music everywhere, at least at my school. It was like that with Rent. I got to feel smug for knowing the music before they did.

Thats the word I was looking for. Smug. I'm an obnoxious, self-obsessed middle schooler who is known as the school theatre geek. I like feeling smug about knowing a thing or two about musicals since it so rarely happens that anyone cares at my school.

I had someone come up to me once and ask me if I knew that Rent was a stage musical before it was a movie.

And a lost faith in humanity....

i want much more than this provincial life...

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
I was lucky enough to get to see a preveiw screening of dreamgirls last week, and I absolutely love it.I hadn`t heard of it until a couple months ago when a friend of mine was listening to one of the songs and we all got really excited when we got preveiw tickets free.In my opinion it`s really good, and I especially liked Jennifer Hudson.She`s amazing.I also have a newfound respect for Beyonce.I didn`t think she`d be that great until I heard Listen.My friend was worried about her not having enough depth, but I really think she did great.All in all I think it was a great movie, I really do recommend that people go see that.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:05 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I have a feeling everyone is going to be like "OMG Dreamgirls!" and singing all the music everywhere, at least at my school. It was like that with Rent. I got to feel smug for knowing the music before they did.

Thats the word I was looking for. Smug. I'm an obnoxious, self-obsessed middle schooler who is known as the school theatre geek. I like feeling smug about knowing a thing or two about musicals since it so rarely happens that anyone cares at my school.

wow lucky you

Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next