The Resource For Musicals

Mary Poppins Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Anyone seen the UK Tour yet? 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Anyone seen the UK Tour yet?
Has anyone seen Mary Poppins in Birmingham yet? If so how is it? Any differences/changes between the London and Tour versions?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

It's getting late now and I'm just wizzing through all the threads to read them all, so I will post a full review / info tomorrow.

Anything specific you want to know abuot?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:53 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I've got to wait until Cardiff in April before I see it - the tickets are a Christmas present. Any chance of that review wickedboy?!

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:46 am
Profile WWW

The cast are amazing. We eneded up having a couple of understudies on, the only one I can remember is Sam Archer for Bert, he was amazing. I prefered him to Gavin Lee when I saw it way back in London.

The ensemble really seemed to work well together and the big chorus numbers were superb!

Caroline Sheen who played Mary had the role down to a T. She was loveable and really had that mystery aura that I think Mary should have. Her voice absolutely remarkable. However, I don't think her dance moves were as good as LMK's.

As for Jane and Micheal, by far the best child actor's I've ever seen. Especially Jane.

The set's were the same as the London / Broadway production, except for the house.

It was kinda like a "story book". The front part of the house was shown just after the opening and then it trucked forward as the front of it opened to show the interior. The one thing I was dissapointed about though, is the fact that the two "sides" of the house, weren't 3D. They were just normal flats as such. The furniture used for the the two rooms were trucked on and off stage. However, the rest of it was like the Broadway / London set.

Special effects were amazing as ever. I'm still trying to figure out how Mary made her first appearance.

SPOILER:

Mary did fly over the audience at the end when I saw it. I'm presuming she will at all the other venues being as they only chose 6 or so venues that are the biggest in the UK.

SPOILER OVER.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]