The Resource For Musicals

Mary Poppins Forum

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
It's Starting! 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post It's Starting!
Booking for the Original Tour of Mary Poppins. I'm going, we're booking tickets on Friday.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:04 pm

Does anyone have the tour dates and cities it will be visiting?

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:30 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Mary Poppins will open in Plymouth on June 4th and will run until July 5th. Following Plymouth, the musical will continues to Birmingham Hippodrome (10 July – 27 September 2008), Edinburgh Playhouse (1 October – 6 December 2008), Manchester Palace Theatre (10 December 2008 – 7 March 2009) and the Wales Millennium Centre Cardiff (11 March – 18 April 2009). These will be the only British dates for the production, which is then due to open overseas in late summer 2009.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:17 am

Mary Poppins will open in Plymouth on June 4th and will run until July 5th. Following Plymouth, the musical will continues to Birmingham Hippodrome (10 July – 27 September 2008), Edinburgh Playhouse (1 October – 6 December 2008), Manchester Palace Theatre (10 December 2008 – 7 March 2009) and the Wales Millennium Centre Cardiff (11 March – 18 April 2009). These will be the only British dates for the production, which is then due to open overseas in late summer 2009.

CRAP!!!

*sigh*

I suppose I will have to travel to Manchester to see it. It's not that far.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:21 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I was chatting to someone at Cameron Mackintosh limited today who's seen the new set models for the show - and he said they look pretty neat. The house is going to rotate and everything (you'll see the front and the back - which is exciting!)

www.musicaltalk.co.uk

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I was chatting to someone at Cameron Mackintosh limited today who's seen the new set models for the show - and he said they look pretty neat. The house is going to rotate and everything (you'll see the front and the back - which is exciting!)

Do we get to see the back and front in the London version? I saw it when it first opened so it's been a while. Also, will Mary fly over the audience? When Chitty came on tour, the Childcatcher didn't like he did in the London version. Any other gossip you got from that person?

Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:16 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

No - you don't see the 3D front of the house (you only see it on the curtain) in London abnd Bway, but apparently in the touring show - the house will haev a front and then rotate to reveal the inside. She will fly over the audience; the production hasn't been reduced in anyway. That's why it's only doing so few venues because no others are big enough.

www.musicaltalk.co.uk

Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

The theatres mentioned are not the only ones bigger enough for Mary Poppins i cant believe it is not coming to the Sunderland Empire. It could also go to the Southampton Mayflower or Liverpool Empire or even back to Bristol. Are you sure it leaves straight ofter Cardiff, as i think the Sunderland Empire will want it for Christmas since it has got rid of pantomines. It had Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and its most succesful run in all the theatres it went to was there. That is why it is coming back for a second run. I do hope it comes to Sunderland or i will have to travel to Edinburgh or Manchester. :x

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:18 pm

I would have thought it would have gone to the same theatre's that Chitty went to. I think they will probably add a couple more theatre's on after the one's they've mentioned.

I can't decide whether it should go back to Bristol, being they had the try outs there.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]