The Resource For Musicals

Mary Poppins Forum

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Original Broadway Cast Recording? 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

The London CD has the blue background but the Broadway one has a black background :lol:

Hate to revive this, but when I was in NY, I asked someone what's with the blue background on the BATB OBCR and he said that it was just for the 10th Anniversary. :|

Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:07 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

WRONG, there *IS* an Original London Cast recording, I have it, it's far superior to the Broadway version, has better orchestration, but bizzarely seems to have the same Gaston!

Here, buy it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauty-Beast-Lo ... 149&sr=8-9

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I too would love to have a Broadway recording of the show. I have the London cast which is good but still miss hearing the moments of the show that they added to the Broadway cast. It was a truely amazing show and my first musical to see on Broadway. It was a great beginning on my first time to NYC. Hears hoping for a Broadway CD release!

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:40 pm

Hate to revive this, but when I was in NY, I asked someone what's with the blue background on the BATB OBCR and he said that it was just for the 10th Anniversary. :|

I'm confused now.

When I saw the show on tour, I saw a blue CD that said it was the OLC, then the woman gave me the CD but it had a black background not blue, it says OBC.

And from TR_Wolf's link, it backs me up.

Tue May 01, 2007 8:34 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

My BATB OBC is blue. I don't know why, but it is. I hope this is what we're discussing here.

And I want an OBC of Mary Poppins, too. I enjoy Ashley Brown's singing, personally.

Tue May 01, 2007 8:42 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

London_Mungojerrie wrote:
Sweeney Hyde wrote:
Beauty and the Beast: Original Broadway Cast, Movie Soundtrack

TOTALLY wrong. There is an OLCR too. It's a thousand times better than the OBCR too.

I was only PARTLY wrong. There is an Origianl Broadway Cast Recording and a Movie Soundtrack. Since there is appearently an Original London Cast Recording, that would mean I just missed one of the three out there. I was 2/3 correct, 1/3 wrong, making me PARTLY, not even MOSTLY, wrong.

:lol:

Wrong again! There's even an australian cast recording with Hugh Jackman as Gaston. I believe I even saw a German Cast Recording before. Who knows how many cast recordings of B&TB are out there...

Tue May 01, 2007 8:51 am
Profile WWW

Ashley Brown has a wonderful voice. But I think they will wait untill there is a 2nd Bert (has Gavin left?) like they are doing with Wicked, they waited untill Idina left.

Tue May 01, 2007 8:52 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post recording
if you go to www.michellelookadoo.com(one of the ensemble) and you go to gallery and go to marypoppins and you you scroll down their is a pic of the ensemble at the recording studio recording the cd so i think they have a broadway cd but it didnt come out yet!!!

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:03 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post BATB OBC vs OLC
Sweeney Hyde wrote:
Beauty and the Beast: Original Broadway Cast, Movie Soundtrack

London_Mungojerrie wrote:
There is an OLCR too. It's a thousand times better than the OBCR too.

TR_Wolf wrote:
I have (the OLC), it's far superior to the Broadway version, has better orchestration, but bizzarely seems to have the same Gaston!

I must say that I personally prefer the OBC recording. There is nothing wrong with the orchestrations and I prefer the cast too. In comparison with the OBC, the OLC generally just seems so tired, lacking in vocal energy. I think it's a pretty lacklustre recording and I don't find it all that compelling to listen to.

Later days
David

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

A friend of mine is in Mary Poppins on Broadway, and I asked him if they were going to do an OBCR, mainly b/c I wanted to buy that one since he would be on that CD! We talked about this before the Tony's, and he told me that there was talk about it, but in order for it to happen, they would have to pull in some big Tony wins.

So, since that didn't happen (I believe they only won for set design, right?), there probably won't be a recording. But, you never know. Anything can happen... if you let it... Hahahaha, get it? Oh, I slay me...

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:57 am

A friend of mine is in Mary Poppins on Broadway, and I asked him if they were going to do an OBCR, mainly b/c I wanted to buy that one since he would be on that CD! We talked about this before the Tony's, and he told me that there was talk about it, but in order for it to happen, they would have to pull in some big Tony wins.

So, since that didn't happen (I believe they only won for set design, right?), there probably won't be a recording. But, you never know. Anything can happen... if you let it... Hahahaha, get it? Oh, I slay me...

What's your friend called? And who is he in the cast?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2