Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

pish123c wrote:
DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
pish123c wrote:
DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
musikal_geek wrote:
DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
the fact the tarzan closed didnt have to do with it not selling it had other reasons so everyone knows.

Yeah, actually, that was the reason. Check old "Broadway Grosses" on broadway.com... the facts are there. People stopped buying tickets because it really wasn't all that good of a show.

ok u know what no its not i know people who are in and ok?? i can get them to come u wanna know why. it was because 1. mary poppins or little mermaid spent too much money and they over budgeted so other shows suffer 2. since they are anederlander theatre something to do with that 3. no1 really knows for sure disney didnt let out ne info

Uh, he gave you hard facts. Tickets were not selling. If you do a simple search and go on a website, it is right there for you.
ok w.e its not selling but also there is no direct answer why the show closed and yes i have talked to josh (tarzan) i know what im saying

And you might want to stop while you're ahead. N00bs like you get a pretty bad reputation around here. It's in your best interest to just stop and think about what Luc was saying.

ok i know what im saying if u ask ne1 nobody knows 4 sure and yes i have talked to josh (tarzan)

Really, is it so hard to type out "you" and "anyone" and "for"? God forbid you have to type out a few extra letters... :roll:

And while you say you know Josh, whether that may or may not be true, the cold hard facts are out there that ticket sales just were not healthy.

yes believe me or not i have met josh and talked to him and i know people who are very good friends with him and they tell me i also have talked to dylan riley snyder and im not denying the fact that tickets may not be good but thats not the only reason something is behind that that ok. and srry if my ne1's and 4's bother u.

Whatever.
This isn't going anywhere, I'll just be nice and let you have your fake-victory.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:33 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
pish123c wrote:
DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
pish123c wrote:
DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
musikal_geek wrote:
DONT.LOOK.BACK wrote:
the fact the tarzan closed didnt have to do with it not selling it had other reasons so everyone knows.

Yeah, actually, that was the reason. Check old "Broadway Grosses" on broadway.com... the facts are there. People stopped buying tickets because it really wasn't all that good of a show.

ok u know what no its not i know people who are in and ok?? i can get them to come u wanna know why. it was because 1. mary poppins or little mermaid spent too much money and they over budgeted so other shows suffer 2. since they are anederlander theatre something to do with that 3. no1 really knows for sure disney didnt let out ne info

Uh, he gave you hard facts. Tickets were not selling. If you do a simple search and go on a website, it is right there for you.
ok w.e its not selling but also there is no direct answer why the show closed and yes i have talked to josh (tarzan) i know what im saying

And you might want to stop while you're ahead. N00bs like you get a pretty bad reputation around here. It's in your best interest to just stop and think about what Luc was saying.

ok i know what im saying if u ask ne1 nobody knows 4 sure and yes i have talked to josh (tarzan)

Really, is it so hard to type out "you" and "anyone" and "for"? God forbid you have to type out a few extra letters... :roll:

And while you say you know Josh, whether that may or may not be true, the cold hard facts are out there that ticket sales just were not healthy.

yes believe me or not i have met josh and talked to him and i know people who are very good friends with him and they tell me i also have talked to dylan riley snyder and im not denying the fact that tickets may not be good but thats not the only reason something is behind that that ok. and srry if my ne1's and 4's bother u.

Whatever.
This isn't going anywhere, I'll just be nice and let you have your fake-victory.

yea "fake"victory w/e i dont need to prove nething to u. im just trying to to inform u of something im srry if im a noob and im just suppose to come on here and agree with all of u cause im not gonna do that.

I MET ANTHONY RAPP!
=D>

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:35 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Go look at the ticket sales for the last few months of the show (besides closing week). Now tell me that they were good ticket sales.

I'm not telling you that the only reason they closed is ticket sales. But it sure is a big factor. If they were making millions every week, they would not have closed the show. You said they closed because they were running out of money - If ticket sales were going strong, they wouldn't be short of money.

See what I'm saying?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:01 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

DONT.LOOK.BACK, answer me this.

Go look at the ticket sales for the last few months of the show (besides closing week). Now tell me that they were good ticket sales.

I'm not telling you that the only reason they closed is ticket sales. But it sure is a big factor. If they were making millions every week, they would not have closed the show. You said they closed because they were running out of money - If ticket sales were going strong, they wouldn't be short of money.

See what I'm saying?

yes but that isnt only why something is behind it if that was the whole reason then diwney would have said no1 is saying nething something is up oh and i have a name.. jade.

I MET ANTHONY RAPP!
=D>

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

musikal_geek wrote:

See what I'm saying?

yes but that isnt only why something is behind it if that was the whole reason then diwney would have said no1 is saying nething something is up oh and i have a name.. jade.

God you act like it's some huge scandel behind the closing of Tarzan.
If you know all these broadway actors, whats the reason then? Hmmmm?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:00 pm

musikal_geek wrote:

See what I'm saying?

Dearest Jade,

Could you please rewrite that using proper grammar? I honestly don't understand what that says. I'm really not trying to be a bully or anything here... I just cannot understand it. Consider using capital letters and necessary punctuation. I just can't read that.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:51 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Too much to resist....
Intrigued by the little argument in this thread about attendance at Tarzan, I went and had a glance at the lists of Broadway grosses. Now I don't think ticket sales are as dire as Luc seems to think they are - they are certainly better than those of, for example, Grey Gardens even if they aren't the consistent highs of, for example, The Lion King - but I'm pretty sure that they aren't as high or as consistent as Disney would like either.

I looked at the sales over a three months - 23 weeks - and the sales broke down as follows:

90%+ = 5 weeks
80%+ = 6 weeks
70%+ = 9 weeks
60%+ = 3 weeks

During this period, the highest attendance was 98.2% and the lowest was 68.3%. Looking at two weeks per month for the rest of the run, it did top that (and indeed the figures were more often better than worse), while the lowest figure I saw was 66.5%.

Make what you want of that, I guess. I thought it would be interesting to see what the empirical data revealed.

Later days
David

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

David, the difference between Grey Gardens and Tarzan was that Grey Gardens got great reviews, ten Tony nominations and the support of regular, NY theatre-goers while Tarzan got zero Tony noms (despite the fact it debuted in the very weak '06 season) and in the eyes of NY-theatre regulars, had no artistic appeal.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
David, the difference between Grey Gardens and Tarzan was that Grey Gardens got great reviews, ten Tony nominations and the support of regular, NY theatre-goers while Tarzan got zero Tony noms (despite the fact it debuted in the very weak '06 season) and in the eyes of NY-theatre regulars, had no artistic appeal.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is, but I don't think it has anything to do with mine. I'm quite capable of distinguishing critical and commercial issues from production to production but that wasn't the point of my post, nor is it particularly relevant to the context of the discussion that was going on between Luc, Pish (?) and Jade above. You're opening up a whole separate set of issues that, while important in its own right, is only obliquely relevant to the topic under discussion.

Later days
David

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

thanku ofr posting those tickets sales i guess.

I MET ANTHONY RAPP!
=D>

Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:35 am

thanku ofr posting those tickets sales i guess.

You make me giggle.

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:12 pm

Tarzan went like two weeks ago and I didn't even realise.

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next