The Resource For Musicals

The Drowsy Chaperone Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Bob Saget 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Bob Saget
I heard today that Bob Saget will be playing the Man in the Chair on Broadway. What do you think? Can he pull the role off? Or is this a horrible example of stunt casting?

I hope that he will be capable of the role, but seeing as I know nothing about this show other that the scene I saw in the Tonys, I'm not the best to say.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:49 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I'm going to have to go with a horrible stunt cast. I think Bob is great but I just don't think he can pull of such a comedic timing driven role. This could be really good but I'm going to have to go with a pessimistic view that this is just going to be bad.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:03 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I figured it would be horrible stunt casting, but I saw him on Wednesday and he's not that bad. I wasn't amazed by his talent or anything, but he did a fair job. And I will give him credit, he's absolutely in love with what he's doing.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:01 pm

I think he'll do a good job...I love Bob Saget, he's fabulous!

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:28 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

As long as he's doing it for the right reasons, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:30 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I just heard an interview of him on KROQ (for anyone in the LA area) and it was actually kind of interesting. I've always thought of him as a disgusting creep (despite how much I loved him in Full House- he is a freak. His comedy is ... ugh), but I heard him on this interview and he wasn't too terrible. This was after they had to shut it down because of the strike (?) I hadn't heard of that until he said it), but apparently he's not going to be in it anymore? But he said that he really liked Broadway and that he didn't think he measured up to the other actors who were brilliant while he was only a mediocre sign on to fill seats (which is so sad because I love The Drowsy Chaperone). He said he learned a lot about acting though and respects Broadway/stage actors a lot more than screen actors, now. He also talked about his screw ups on stage and that was rather amusing... it sounds like he did a pretty good job covering them up, though!

All of that being said, I didn't see him in the show. I expect it was pretty bad, but still, the interview was a new insight...

Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]