The Resource For Musicals

The Drowsy Chaperone Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
I LOVE THIS SHOW! 
Post I LOVE THIS SHOW!
I'm not even kidding you. Haha. I saw it for the first time August 20th (I had known all the songs, the basic plot.. but none of the spoilers) and I was HOOKED. I saw it again this past Sunday (after seeing Broadway on Broadway. :D ) and it was just as great as the first time. I'm also seeing it again October 7th, November 5th, and sometime in December.

My favorite character from the show is Beth Leavel (The Drowsy Chaperone). Her portrayal of the Chaperone is FANTASTIC.

I've had the pleasure of meeting the entire cast (well, except for Georgia.) numerous times, and Beth is one of the biggest sweethearts in the world. Bob Martin(Man in Chair), Sutton Foster (Janet Van de Graaff), and Danny Burstein (Aldolpho) are also very fun to talk to!

Has anyone else here SD'd before? :D

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:46 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I went on August 16th. The Drowsy Chaperone stagedoor was probably one of the best stagedoor experiences I've ever had. Despite the fact that Bob Martin and Sutton Foster refused to make an appearence. The entire cast (minus Martin and Foster) came out pretty much together and just went down the line of the barricade to sign autographs and take pictures and whatnot. But they all were very personable too. It was such a pleasure getting to talk to everyone, especially Kecia Lewis-Evans and Beth Leavel. I waited an extra half hour for Sutton and Bob Martin, but alas, the big scary bouncer-like guy said that was it for the night.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]