The Resource For Musicals

The Drowsy Chaperone Forum

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Costume change? 
Post gotta love the layered look
after watching it a couple of times closely it is obvious she has the pink dress layered under the yellow and it's either a tear away or she pulls it off over her head.

my reason for saying this versus it's a resersable dress is 1)completely flipping the dress inside out would take too long and you risk the chance of the dress not falling correctly or getting 2)the neckline of the second dress is just slightly lower than the yellow one 3)the hemline is completely different (the yellow has a scalloped edge while the pink falls longer and straight) 4)the yellow fits just slightly loose so the pink skirt can be held up in the bodice area without fear of it falling out or showing

can you tell i've done this before and watched the video a few too many times?

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:19 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Only a little bit saavy. Good eye though. I've never had a quick costume change. Well, once i had to take off some of my clothing behind a door but it wasn't that quick. I always had time to help the girl that was undressing next to me...it was Noises Off.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:18 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Re: gotta love the layered look
music_saavy wrote:
after watching it a couple of times closely it is obvious she has the pink dress layered under the yellow and it's either a tear away or she pulls it off over her head.

my reason for saying this versus it's a resersable dress is 1)completely flipping the dress inside out would take too long and you risk the chance of the dress not falling correctly or getting 2)the neckline of the second dress is just slightly lower than the yellow one 3)the hemline is completely different (the yellow has a scalloped edge while the pink falls longer and straight) 4)the yellow fits just slightly loose so the pink skirt can be held up in the bodice area without fear of it falling out or showing

can you tell i've done this before and watched the video a few too many times?

And in the broadway.com video, she shows you all of her costumes and they're seperate. ;)

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:17 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

to me it looks like the top half of the yellow dress has snaps on the straps and when it's up-snapped, it makes it the bottom half of the pink dress.... if that makes any sense

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2